19 Mar 2013
March 19, 2013
Early Bird Gets the Burn! Here are ten benefits to early morning exercise:
- Exercising early in the morning “jump starts” your metabolism, keeping it elevated for hours, sometimes for up to 24 hours! As a result, you’ll be burning more calories all day long.
- Exercising in the morning energizes you for the day—not to mention that gratifying feeling of virtue you have knowing you’ve done something disciplined and good for you.
- Studies have shown that exercise significantly increases mental acuity in the a.m. which means you get to harness that brainpower, instead of wasting it while you’re snoozing.
- Morning workouts generally means a higher quality of sleep, which in turn means you’ll probably require less sleep.
- When you exercise at about the same time every morning—especially if you wake up regularly at about the same time—the body’s not “confused,” hormones prepare your body for exercise by regulating blood pressure, heart rate, blood flow to muscles, metabolism, along with all the hormones involved in activity and exercise, begin to elevate while you’re sleeping.
- Many people find that morning exercise has a tendency to regulate their appetite for the rest of the day.
- Exercising in the morning is a great time to plan the day, pray, or just think more clearly—things most of us often don’t get to do otherwise.
- Exercising first thing in the morning is the most foolproof way to ensure that other things don’t overtake your fitness commitment, particularly if you have a hectic family life.
- More than 90% of those who exercise consistently have a morning fitness routine. If you want to exercise on a regular basis, the odds are in your favor if you squeeze your workout into the a.m.
- Non-morning people can always trick themselves in the a.m.
- 08 Nov 2017Greg Patrick Ryan ~ The Messenger, One Word a Million Lives!Right or wrong, and for what ever reason, I grew up to believing that my words, did not or would not...
- 13 Mar 2013Top 10 Fitness Trends of 2013Like social media, the fitness industry is a very trendy business. Managing health clubs for years I...
- 14 Mar 2013Faith and FitnessNot the same guy I use to be. Introverted, undisciplined and doubtful, that was I! “How have you kep...
- 15 Mar 2013The Pat On The BackDeer in headlights I was told. Frozen stiff as a board in the front door of the men’s health club I...
- 16 Mar 2013Steroids and Pleading the FIFTHThe Locker Room – Steroids, HGH and the Pleading the FIFTH DRUG Problem! Being Accepted, getting an...