Strongholds! We all have them. By definition a stronghold is a place of refuge or a fortress. When it comes to losing weight, we all have built up walls around things, or gone into our place of refuge. Strongholds could also me a barricade of sorts. What do you think or feel when you hear the words behavior change? Some think, piece of cake, others run away with their tale between their legs. However the end results is the same for both they go nowhere.
Strongholds as Speed Bumps!
Whatever the challenge is for you, chances are they are much smaller than how they feel. Strongholds do not start out as huge block walls, but small pebbles in the street. Overtime them become detours onto a path much less important and damaging re your goals and exercise plan; nothing to do with it either at times.
Here are mine:
- Putting off early morning workouts!
- French Fries
- Avoid Journaling
- Put exercise off for tomorrow
- One bite will not hurt
I can only speak for myself, but I just “Think” too much. When I do, the pebbles become walls, the walls turn into detours and the detours are really just excuses. Swim in self-pity for a while all the time wasting time. The key for me, jump right back on the horse the next day? Do not think, do not pass go, just do it as they say.
So the next time you run into a brink wall, break it down in your mind by starting over the next day fresh. Read more from my book, INSIDE OUT!
- 10 Mar 2013Resigning The Eggs BENEDICT Diet!Hey if the Pope can do it, why cannot I? We both had enough of the scrambled mess....
- 13 Mar 2013Top 10 Fitness Trends of 2013Like social media, the fitness industry is a very trendy business. Managing health clubs for years I...
- 14 Mar 2013Faith and FitnessNot the same guy I use to be. Introverted, undisciplined and doubtful, that was I! “How have you kep...
- 15 Mar 2013The Pat On The BackDeer in headlights I was told. Frozen stiff as a board in the front door of the men’s health club I...
- 16 Mar 2013Steroids and Pleading the FIFTHThe Locker Room – Steroids, HGH and the Pleading the FIFTH DRUG Problem! Being Accepted, getting an...